We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Porsgrunn is a major production site for Yara International ASA. The plant manufactures more than three million tons of fertilizer yearly in addition to various products for industrial applications. The plant has three production areas; Ammonia, Nitric Acid and NPK/Calcium Nitrate. Yara Porsgrunn has an annual turnover of about 7 billion NOK.
The Technical Department has 18 employees working in various technical disciplines. In order to strengthen the team we are now looking for an Electrical Engineer. You will report to the Technical Manager.
- Ensure that maintenance, projects and modifications are implemented according to Yara safety, ethical, environmental and quality standards as well as Governmental regulations
- Deputy responsible for electro in the plant
- Provide technical support to production and maintenance units
- Ensure FEB-dok calculations and develop specifications for procurement
- Manage projects as Discipline Lead
- Conduct risk assessments
- MSc/BSc in EIectric Power Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Min 5 years of operational experience from industrial sites
- Certificate of apprenticeship is an advantage
- Strong knowledge on Government regulations e.g. NEK 400/420
- Experience and deep knowledge of electrical design according to relevant standards such as EX, ATEX, and IEC
- Experience working with VSD - ABB ACS880, SIMOCODE is an advantage.
- Takes initiative and demonstrates "hands-on" attitude
- Fluent in English and one Scandinavian language