We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Belle Plaine is a world class producer of nitrogen fertilizer and is a member of Yara International ASA. Yara International is a global fertilizer company, with operations in over 50 countries around the world. Yara's dynamic global presence and unique business model allows the company to be an industry shaper. Belle Plaine is located in Saskatchewan, Canada 50 km west of Regina on highway #1.
The E&A Lead Engineer is responsible for the long term development of the electrical, instrumentation and controls systems at site. Though accountable to the maintenance manager, the E&A Lead Engineer assumes functionally overall responsibility for the safe and reliable operation and optimization of all electrical and controls systems at site. He/she leads the E&A team.
- Accountable for ensuring work flows through the department and meets needs of the customer.
- Coordinates and project related work within the E&A team. In this function the E&A lead engineer cooperates closely with the E&A maintenance supervisor, the controls engineer and the technologists and sets priorities and the high level resource planning including use of external resources/contractors.
- Supports continuous improvement following the Yara Productivity System (YPS) principles from both the day-to-day maintenance organization and the project group
- Act as a key team member in the turnaround preparation organization and support the other E&A team members in preparation for site turnarounds.
- Develops technical concepts to maintain and further improve long term reliability and performance of all electrical systems and controls/automation systems on site. Establishes a long term investment plan to ensure that all systems are in full compliance with applicable codes and she/he initiates required upgrading steps.
- Develops and optimizes process control concepts in close cooperation with operations and the plant support engineers in particular.
- Participates in HazOP and SIL-evaluations as the discipline responsible E&A lead. Represents E&A techs and engineers at meetings.
- Defines training and manning needs for the E&A team in close cooperation with the maintenance manager and develops a homogeneous E&A team which closely cooperates with mechanical maintenance and operations.
- Prepares the E&A related OCO/SHE invest portfolio in cooperation with maintenance manager, the technical support manager and plant manager.
- Primary contact for new capital work for E&A.
- Actively participates in/contributes to relevant Yara network groups.
- Maintains technical expertise in the state of the art technology for digital based control systems, high voltage systems and field instrumentation.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Engineering degree in relevant discipline (electrical, instrumentation, or controls) (B.Sc. or M.Sc.).
- Eligibility for Registration as a professional engineer in Saskatchewan.
- 15+ years of design/operating experience in petrochemical distributed control systems and the design and engineering of control.
- Knowledge and experience of capital, alteration, and hazard/operability programs.