We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Belle Plaine is a world class producer of nitrogen fertilizer and is a member of Yara International ASA. Yara International is a global fertilizer company, with operations in over 50 countries around the world. Yara's dynamic global presence and unique business model allows the company to be an industry shaper. Belle Plaine is located in Saskatchewan, Canada 50 km west of Regina on highway #1.
The Turnaround Scheduler reports to the Turnaround Manager and is accountable for the safe and efficient scheduling of Shutdown and Turnaround maintenance in the plant. The position responsibilities include training colleagues in SAP and Primavera and directing maintenance personnel in during short outages as required.
- Provide Primavera scheduling for quick shutdowns and turnarounds.
- Maintain a high degree of productivity with quality workmanship while mini-mizing impact on process, overtime, and spare parts costs.
- Develop and refine shutdown and turnaround schedules for all maintenance disciplines.
- Accountable for KPI’s as specified by Yara TOPS and Yara best practice.
- Provide support for daily planners and schedulers upon request.
Education & Experience Requirements
- Journeyperson in an industrial trade with fertilizer or (petro) chemical experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience as a Scheduler in the fertilizer or (petro) chemical industry.
- Bachelor degree in mechanical engineering is an asset.
- Sound knowledge of Petrochemical plant equipment.
- Thorough knowledge of safe industry practices – OH&S, environmental, engineering standards, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of scheduling and related software programs (ex. Primavera, SAP).
- Comprehensive administrative skills to effectively communicate with supervisors, technicians, and contract personnel.
The end date for this term position is December 31, 2018