We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Porsgrunn is a major production site for Yara International ASA. The plant manufactures more than three million tons of fertilizer yearly in addition to various products for industrial applications. The plant has three production areas; Ammonia, Nitric Acid and NPK/Calcium Nitrate. Yara Porsgrunn has an annual turnover exceeding 7 billion NOK.
Nitric Acid area (SSO) operates 3 Nitric Acid plants, a CO2 compression and distribution facility and utilities for Yara Porsgrunn and the local industrial site. Construction of a 4th Nitric Acid plant is nearing completion and handover to Operations. The Maintenance Department in SSO has 11 employees with a broad range of experiences and backgrounds
We are looking for a Mechanical Engineer as a discipline specialist for Yara with particular focus on rotating equipment. You will report to the Maintenance Manager.
- Execute maintenance, projects and modifications according to Yara safety, ethical, environmental and quality standards as well as Governmental regulations
- Ensure, as Discipline Lead for the Nitric Acid Maintenance Department, that routine maintenance, machine interventions, and projects are conducted according to best practices
- Manage systematic preventive maintenance programs for static and rotating equipment
- Lead or participate in root cause analysis and incident investigations
- Manage or participate in projects and key activities during turnarounds
- MSc in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 5 years experience from a relevant industrial and rotating equipment background
- Analytical, systematic and structured approach to problem solving
- Ability to function effectively in a multidiscipline team and with a high level of self-motivation
- Fluent in one Scandinavian language and proficient in English