We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara International ASA, founded in 1905 to solve an emerging famine in Europe, is a global company operating in 160 countries, specializing in crop nutrition and environmental solutions.
Today Yara offers a world of opportunity for you to help us fulfill our mission of responsibly feeding the world and protecting the planet.
Yara is opening up for summer internships in 2018 and is looking for new enthusiastic talents to join some of our exciting projects. One student will be given the opportunity to spend 6-8 weeks within our Animal Nutrition Business Unit.
Are you passionate about Science? Would you like to transform fascinating theories into real applications? Yara Animal Nutrition is part of the Industrial segment of Yara and is responsible for providing the animal nutrition business innovative solutions for the development of a safe and sustainable livestock production. The objective is to translate knowledge and ideas into products to provide solutions to customers, answers to society, and value to the company.
The overall scope of the position is to analyze the market of antibiotic alternatives for animal nutrition, identify key strength and weakness for each product,
- Analyze the market of antibiotic alternatives in animal nutrition and perform a SWOT analysis for each product category
- In collaboration with R&D, establish a product development plan for a new Yara product including full list of relevant universities, research institutes, start-up hubs, tech centers that can contribute to the plan
- Develop a business case for the new product
- Recommendation of marketing content that should be developed and what marketing channels to use to attract attention
- Student with 1-2 years left of their Master’s degree within animal, agricultural, biological science, preferably with influences from business development, and/or marketing
- Interest in innovation and product development
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written – is a must, other languages an advantage
- Proactive and with an ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and comfortable with “cold calls” and interaction with new contacts
- Structured, analytical and data driven
The position is based at our headquarters in Oslo.
When applying for this internship, please provide us with a cover letter detailing your motivation, explaining why you believe Animal Nutrition and in particular Product Development is an important part of the business and how you are able to contribute. Please enclose your transcripts so we are able to evaluate your application.
Our global business requires cultural awareness and understanding, and we are firmly committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and productive working environment that is defined by mutual respect.