We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara International ASA, founded in 1905 to solve an emerging famine in Europe, is a global company operating in 160 countries, specializing in crop nutrition and environmental solutions.
Today Yara offers a world of opportunity for you to help us fulfill our mission of responsibly feeding the world and protecting the planet.
Yara is opening up for summer internships in 2018 and is looking for new enthusiastic talents to join some of our exciting projects. One student will be given the opportunity to spend 6-8 weeks within our Marketing team.
Marketing and Business Development is a diverse unit which serves as a commercial expert function within Yara. The role of the team is to support, drive and govern at a global level: support local units’ sales and marketing strategy, drive growth, innovation and improvements, and govern adoption of standard processes and best practices.
Our marketing activities play an important role in our Crop Nutrition strategy of becoming more focused on farmers, offering sustainable solutions and providing a great experience to our customers. Our team works across branding, digital marketing, distributor channel partnership program, customer experience and marketing competence. We are growing the team and we are looking for new talents interested in learning and growing with us.
You will work with a mix of experienced people supporting projects and tasks covering brand management and policy, channel alignment, digital marketing activities, and others ad-hoc such as customer experience and marketing competence.
- Support brand positioning and farmer centric strategy implementation, with direct interaction with markets in order to provide recommendations and ideas in how to execute the strategy.
- Work in collaboration with digital marketing team in projects related to website, apps and digital engagement.
- Central support for the channel partnership program, documenting and analyzing implementation status.
- Support other initiatives such as consolidation and sharing marketing cases from various business units and countries, coordinate central marketing sharepoint and Pulse page and support customer experience, CRM and marketing competence model.
- Student with 1-2 years left of their Master’s degree within business and/or engineering, preferably with influences from marketing strategy, branding and digital marketing.
- Preferably knowledge/interest in the field of user/consumer experience with high digital interested. Innovation driven.
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written – is a must, other languages an advantage. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and comfortable with interaction with different people and cultures.
- Proactive and with an ability to take initiative.
- Structured, analytical and data skills
The position is based at our headquarters in Oslo.
When applying for this internship, please provide a cover letter detailing your motivation, explaining why you believe Marketing and in particular a customer-centric approach is an important part of the business and how you intend to contribute. Please attach your transcripts to facilitate the selection process.
Our global business requires cultural awareness and understanding, and we are firmly committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and productive working environment that is defined by mutual respect.