We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara International ASA, founded in 1905 to solve an emerging famine in Europe, is a global company operating in 160 countries, specializing in crop nutrition and environmental solutions.
Today Yara offers a world of opportunity for you to help us fulfill our mission of responsibly feeding the world and protecting the planet.
Yara is opening up for summer internships in 2018 and is looking for new enthusiastic talents to join some of our exciting projects. One student will be given the opportunity to spend 6-8 weeks with our Innovation Team.
Yara has identified innovation as an essential part of Yara’s growth and development agenda. Corporate innovation has the mandate to drive a strong innovation pipeline, consisting of developments with a long-term horizon or disruptive potential linked to Yara’s value chain and long term strategy. In addition, corporate innovation provides a series of expert services such as innovation project and platform management, patenting, open innovation management, technology scouting and strategic research. Lastly, corporate innovation drives an innovation embedment strategy to release the innovation potential in the company by leveraging the contributions of all employees.
Would you like to work in a global company and be part of contributing to a brighter future?
Within the field of Yara’s corporate open innovation management function, this position will support the open innovation function on exploring the possibility to access technologies/business concepts/models generated by start-up companies and early ventures through direct investments. Areas of interest span over Yara’s full value chain (from production to application), within the boundaries of Yara’s long term strategy and delivering to our vision.
The Innovation Investment Analyst will report to the Investment Manager, Open Innovation, and has the following main responsibilities:
- Develop start-up target maps/watch lists for defined areas
- Identify key start-up labs/environment (globally) of interest for Yara
- Take part of start-up due diligence, including financial analysis, business model evaluation, and value proposition fit to Yara’s strategy
- Support in developing investment case and recommendation
- Student with 1-2 years left of their Master’s degree within Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, Engineering, or equivalent
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written – is a must, other languages an advantage
- Some experience in analyzing industry and market segments, building market models, and analyzing/writing business plans for new technologies/products/business models advantageous
- Proactive and with an ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and comfortable with “cold calls” and interaction with new contacts
- Structured, highly analytical and data driven
When applying for this internship, please provide a cover letter detailing your motivation, explaining how you will contribute to and why you believe innovation has an important role in enabling sustainable change and growth in global environments. Please attach your transcripts to facilitate the selection process.
Our global business requires cultural awareness and understanding, and we are firmly committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and productive working environment that is defined by mutual respect.