We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara International ASA, founded in 1905 to solve an emerging famine in Europe, is a global company operating in 160 countries, specializing in crop nutrition and environmental solutions.
Today Yara offers a world of opportunity for you to help us fulfill our mission of responsibly feeding the world and protecting the planet.
Yara is opening up for summer internships in 2018 and is looking for new enthusiastic talents to join some of our exciting projects. One student will be given the opportunity to spend 6-8 weeks within our Yara Open Innovation & Embedment Strategy.
Yara Open Innovation & Embedment Strategy is part of the Corporate Innovation function and responsible for enabling a distributed innovation process based on managed knowledge flows across internal and external boundaries and to drive an innovation embedment strategy to release the innovation potential in the company by leveraging the contributions of all employees.
Would you like to work in a global company and be part of contributing to a brighter future?
The overall scope of the position is to collaborate with the rest of the Innovation Embedment team, help out and drive the planning phase of launching a new initiative.
- Contribute in executing on Corporate Innovation’s communication plan on external and internal digital channels (web, intranet, Sharepoint, yammer, etc)
- Supporting internal innovation challenges for idea generation and identification
- Contribute in performing market intelligence,- and cost benefit analysis on selected long term ideas
- Assist in monitoring innovation initiatives/projects which are part of the Yara Innovation Management Process
- Project management for a new initiative
- Student with 1-2 years left of their Master’s degree within business and/or engineering
- Interest in innovation strategy and management
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written – is a must, other languages an advantage
- Proactive and with an ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and comfortable with “cold calls” and interaction with new contacts
- Structured, analytical and data driven
This position is based at our headquarters in Oslo.
When applying for this internship, please provide a cover letter detailing your motivation, explaining how you will contribute to and why you believe the Corporate Innovation function has an important role in enabling sustainable change and growth in global environments. Please attach your transcripts to facilitate the selection process.
Our global business requires cultural awareness and understanding, and we are firmly committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and productive working environment that is defined by mutual respect.