We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara International ASA, founded in 1905 to solve an emerging famine in Europe, is a global company operating in 160 countries, specializing in crop nutrition and environmental solutions.
Today Yara offers a world of opportunity for you to help us fulfill our mission of responsibly feeding the world and protecting the planet.
Yara is opening up for summer internships in 2018 and is looking for new enthusiastic talents to join some of our exciting projects. One student will be given the opportunity to spend 6 - 8 weeks within our Yara Productivity System team.
Yara Production is currently rolling out one of the most ambitious transformation and improvement programs in the history of Norwegian industry. We are implementing a LEAN based productivity system (YPS) focused on transforming the way we work and to leverage our broad knowledge base and competencies to generate ideas and translate them into long term value creations. The effort is spearheaded by the Productivity and YPS unit, a part of the Yara Production Business Segment.
You will work with a dedicated team of LEAN experts and be a part of the YPS roll-out effort in Yara Production, encompassing about 7000 employees located in 14 different countries around the world.
The overall scope of the position is to work as an integrated part of the YPS team to build and document the productivity system.
- Work with Global Change Leader expert team to build and document the Yara Productivity System
- Assist in communication to develop targeted training material on Best Practice
- Document best practice and YPS usage
- Support efforts in productivity improvements at out plants
- Student with 1-2 years left of their Master’s degree within chemistry, physics, business and/or engineering
- Experience and/or competency in LEAN methodology and thinking is preferable
- A keen interest in productivity improvements
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written – is a must, other languages an advantage
- Proactive and with an ability to take initiative and work independently
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal), and comfortable working with people on all levels in an organization
- Ability and willingness to travel
The position is based at our headquarters in Oslo.
When applying for this internship, please provide us your motivation in a cover letter, explaining why you believe productivity systems and best practice is an important part of the business and how you will be able to contribute. Also for us to be able to evaluate your application, please enclose your transcripts so far.
Our global business requires cultural awareness and understanding, and we are firmly committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and productive working environment that is defined by mutual respect.