We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara International ASA, founded in 1905 to solve an emerging famine in Europe, is a global company operating in 160 countries, specializing in crop nutrition and environmental solutions.
Today Yara offers a world of opportunity for you to help us fulfill our mission of responsibly feeding the world and protecting the planet.
Yara is opening up for summer internships in 2018 and is looking for new enthusiastic talents to join some of our exciting projects. One student will be given the opportunity to spend 6-8 weeks within our Information Technology (IT) department.
Yara is looking into various big data analytics. As a summer intern in Yara IT you will be given the opportunity to work with large samples of data to simulate and analyze for trends in an experimental way, you will use your theoretical knowledge and test putting it into practice. You will get guidance from a Yara IT employee.
- Student with 1-2 years left of their study
- Engineering background, (example NTNU Siv Ing)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Skilled in using Excel and similar products to build and analyze data relationships
- Burning desire for subject matter area and patience to see the connection between details and the bigger picture
- Fluency in English – both spoken and written – is a must, other languages an advantage
- Confident, proactive, self-starter
- Demonstrates judgment with handling confidential information
The position is based at our headquarters in Oslo.
When applying for this internship, please provide us your motivation in a cover letter, explaining why you believe IT is an important part of the business. Please highlight your motivation for applying for this role and let us know how you will be able to contribute.
Our global business requires cultural awareness and understanding, and we are firmly committed to promoting a diverse, inclusive, and productive working environment that is defined by mutual respect.