We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Pocklington, part of the global company Yara International ASA, is a leader in the manufacture and marketing of foliar & micronutrients (liquids & powders) for use in agriculture worldwide and has an ambitious grown objective for the YaraVita global business.
Reporting to the Maintenance Manager, we are seeking a Maintenance Supervisor to provide effective supervision of the maintenance operations ensuring that all plant and equipment is maintained in accordance with agreed planned/preventative maintenance schedules and safe methods of work.
- Supervision of Maintenance Operatives
- Responsible for maintenance activities on site through effective planned/preventive maintenance routines and timely response to unplanned breakdowns.
- Support overall equipment effectiveness (OEE) by proactively working to improve plant reliability and availability.
- Manage the computerised preventive maintenance system
- Manage and control the procurement and inventory of maintenance spares, parts and equipment.
- Manage and control the procurement of specialist maintenance services
- Ensure that all statutory fixed-interval maintenance and inspection requirements are carried out.
- Applies CI/Lean principles to tasks and ensures that a high standard of workmanship is achieved at all times.
- Ensures that all job related safety considerations such as risk assessments, Permits and method Statements are in place and managed effectively.
- Electrical Engineer qualified to HND level.
- Ideally with supervisory experience gained within a similar production environment.
- High level of safety awareness and a good understanding of the Health and Safety at Work Act and other attendant regulations.
- Experience of COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards) Regulations is highly desirable.
- Understanding and experience of PLC’s, pneumatics and robotics is highly desirable.
- Able to produce, read and interpret electrical schematics, P&ID’s and engineering drawings.
- Good communication skills – both written and verbal.
- Good problem solving skills, able to diagnose and correct faults.
- Good level of IT competence
This is a new role within our maintenance department and is a great opportunity for anyone wanting a rewarding job that supports a progressive expanding business. If you are interested in this position please apply online.
Yara offer a competitive salary and benefits package including pension and private healthcare.