Wir bei Yara sind Teil eines internationalen Netzwerks und versuchen gewinnbringend einige der großen globalen Herausforderungen gemeinsam zu lösen – Ressourcenknappheit, ungewisse Welternährung und Klimawandel.
Über unsere Geschäftseinheit
The unit Broad Acreage Crops is part of Yara´s Crop Nutrition R&D. It carries out research to develop new profitable and sustainable crop solutions for agriculture. The development, testing and documentation of improved fertilization strategies based on all types of different fertilizers are part of this activity. The unit is responsible for the planning, execution and analysis of extensive field trial programs in close cooperation with Yara’s global crop and product management team and BU agronomists. Modelling of crop growth processes and development of algorithms and decision rules for improved nutrient management is a fast growing area in the unit. Beside the research and development work, this unit supports the implementation of new solutions by providing scientific data & facts and documenting their final performance in respect to profitability & sustainability.
- Lead the unit Broad Acreage Crops R&D.
- Manage the research scientists and the project portfolio of the team. Coordinate the activities in close cooperation with other units in Yara’s Crop Nutrition R&D.
- Resource planning in terms of required FTE, competences, services and investments for the overall activities in the responsibility of the team.
- Develop new ideas for improved fertilizer management including digital solutions, compile existing information to substantiate hypothesis, propose R&D projects, organize trial activities to validate hypothesis and document performance, deliver scientific reports and supportive information for new crop solutions.
- Working in a multidisciplinary team and give support to other agricultural research activities.
- Net-working and close collaboration with other departments in Yara e.g. digital agriculture, crop managers, product managers, BU agronomists & commercial teams in Yara across departments and locations and participate in co-operations with external partners worldwide.
- M.Sc. in Agriculture or related sciences or having completed a PhD with minimum five years of experience in research and management of teams and project portfolios.
- Deep knowledge in crop nutrition and fertilizer management strategies of broad acreage crops, especially cereals and/or potatoes.
- Good knowledge in modelling of crops growth processes and the development of algorithms for improved nutrient management would be appreciated.
- High communication skills and experience in knowledge transfer e.g. giving scientific lectures or creating supportive material for marketing.
- Team worker, creative and open-minded with a cooperative working attitude and a sense of urgency
- Fluent in English; other languages are an asset
The position is permanent and is open. The hired candidate will report to the Head of Crop Nutrition R&D and be a valuable team member contributing to the execution of R&D activities for Yara with a solution-oriented and added value focus.