We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Glomfjord is located in a small community in the northern part of Norway, close to the Arctic Circle. The nearest city is Bodø, 145 km further north. The site has four production units: Two nitric acid plants, one NPK complex fertilizer plant and one calcium nitrate plant. The plant has its own harbor with installations for unloading of ammonia and storage, packaging and dispatch systems for fertilizer products. There are 175 employees at the site.
The Technical Department has 22 employees working in various technical disciplines. The Department provides operational and maintenance support and manages projects. Our Technical Manager is taking on new challenges in the company, and we are looking for his replacement. The position involves an active contribution to daily production, development of the organization and to continue Yara's commitment to health, safety, security, energy and quality work. The Technical Manager reports to Plant Manager and is member of the Plant Management Team.
- Ensure that maintenance and modifications are performed according to Yara safety, ethical, environmental and quality standards as well as Governmental regulations
- Lead and develop cost efficient maintenance ensuring reliable plant through standardization, increased competence and best practices
- Develop maintenance investment plans and budgets in close cooperation with line managers
- Coach individuals, develop the organization and drive change processes
- Contract negotiations and follow up of external suppliers
- Master degree in engineering (or Bachelor with long relevant experience)
- Minimum 5 years of experience from relevant industries
- Proven track record within maintenance/project management
- Motivated to lead, foster teamwork and coach employees
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in English and one Scandinavian lanquage