We at Yara are part of a global network, collaborating to profitably solve some of the world's key challenges - resource scarcity, food insecurity and environmental change.
About the Unit
Yara Project Office is a part of the Production segment, located in different places with main HUB in Brussels. The unit manages a portfolio of projects of various size and complexity for Yara’s plants or other units - either on their own or with the support of external engineering companies – and provides technical support to the plants.
The Senior Purchaser executes purchasing and contracting activities for capital projects, in such a way that products and services are delivered in time within contractual conditions.
He/she directs and coordinates Procurement Project Management, including Supplier Management, Procurement Plan, Sourcing, Contract negotiation and Claims management delivering total cost of ownership savings and procurement process improvements for projects.
- Execute the transactional requisition-to-pay process, e.g. Convert requisition to P.O. using appropriate contract in accordance with Yara procedures;
- Solve problems related to orders with suppliers, internal customers and vendor price/quantity invoice issues when applicable;
- In case of late delivery or supply crisis by vendor, implement all necessary actions to solve the problems. Execute Procurement Related Administration: be focal point for local data management, adhere to standard processes and be responsible for the creation and maintenance of project level specific data;
- Execute Local Contract Implementation and contract management: ensure compliance and solve issues with internal customers and suppliers; Execute Spot purchases according to procurement processes when spend amount is within authorized budget;
- Provide input on Supplier Performance. Establish priorities and planning based on benefits opportunities;
- Lead Contract Management as part of the Category Management/Supplier Management activities. Ensure regional and local contract execution resulting from strategic sourcing. Plan for and set a plan for contract implementation and, in collaboration with category managers and local purchasers when applicable. Execute contract implementation in a way that maximizes future contract compliance. Monitor compliance and solve issues with internal customers and suppliers;
Accountable for Benefit Tracking and identify opportunities for cost savings and measure the results of project procurement initiatives. When applicable, manage supplier relationship and performance, for suppliers specifically managed by the Yara Project Office (for example engineering services).
Higher education, preferably in business administration, commerce, engineering or other relevant discipline. Ideally, recognized qualification in Purchasing;
- The ideal candidate has an experience of minimum 5 years of CAPEX procurement and/or industrial experience;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, results oriented, open-minded, analytical & combining conceptual insight with a Strong negotiation skills;
- Good knowledge of Microsoft software; ERP System, preferably SAP;
- Fluent in English (written and oral);
Willingness to travel.